Quote of the Moment

"9 out of 10 doctors are divisible by 3" --->Unknown

Thursday, January 24, 2008

I Saw The Sign

So, in response to my post yesterday about my friend on Scrapbook.com asking me what was going on she sent me this (keep in mind I saw an owl yesterday...):

Was the owl out at daytime?

My friend used to be the state archaeologist. He found himself in a tense situation where he was invited to do something archaology-y by a Native American who turned out to not have the right to speak for the rest of the Native Americans in the state. So basically he had most Native Americans in the state pissed at him - they would show up and have silent sit-in whenever he was scheduled to discuss the issue and the finds from his dig. Eventually he became friends with a few of them and one presented him with an amulet for good luck.

Some weeks later he was driving along and had to stop because there was a live owl in the road during the day. It is unusual up here as well, although there are a lot of owls around. He mentioned it to the friend that gave him the amulet who told him the owl was probably a sentinel sent to watch over him for luck and protection.

Maybe that was what your owl was? Maybe the Powers That Be (God, spirit guides, ancestors, the CEO of Coca-Cola or Wal-Mart, Oprah, take your pick) tried to send you something nice in the middle of a craptastic day?


Wow. I mean. I don't normally believe in signs or god talking to me or whatever...but this really touched me. My reaction to that owl yesterday was very intense. I mean, when John called to ask me where I was all I could say was "I saw an owl" and just started bawling all over again.

Maybe it was a sign that things will be ok.

No comments: