Quote of the Moment

"9 out of 10 doctors are divisible by 3" --->Unknown

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

This NEVER Happens Here

Major storms tonight. Mostly wind. But damn, it's a lot of wind.

Shelbyville Rd is trashed. John's not sure if he'll have to go to work tomorrow. And here's why:


This is a BILLBOARD sign!!! It fell down! Almost into the road, but just missed it. Amazingly no one was hurt.





These 3 photos were all taken right next door to where John works. He's going to call first to see if they'll be open or not.

And this photo was taken down on Dixie Highway. My school is on Dixie Highway, but that road is SO LONG this could be no where near the school, I have no idea:



This is some scary shit. I've lived in Louisville nearly my entire life, and I've NEVER seen damage like this here. It's still very windy, but there are no big trees near my house...so I think I'll be ok.

I tried to drive John home, but it was nearly imposable...we did manage to get back to his apartment, but then I drove him back to my house 'cause the storm was still scaring him. You can't really blame him: he's from Florida, so high winds are frightening.

The drive to and from John's apartment was not fun. I could barely keep my car on the road. I've never driven through anything like that.

I think I'll be going to bed soon. Too much excitement for one night.

Oh, and btw, all these photo were taken from the Courier Journal's website. Just sayin' ;)

1 comment:

KimberKenobi said...

eep! at least the sign didn't damage the Outback... I need an Outback to survive ;oD