Quote of the Moment

"9 out of 10 doctors are divisible by 3" --->Unknown

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Is It Over Yet??

Jessie called Obama the 'N' word to my face today. Then she laughed at me when I got angry at her. I left the table and sat by myself until she left and then I rejoined Amanda and Carolyn. I've never been so angry in my life. I was literally shaking. I WILL NOT associate myself with such a blatant raciest. I CANNOT do that.

I said in this post all I need to say about how I feel on the subject of racism. But today I hear also that Bill O'Reily from Fox News made comments about Obama's wife saying something about needing to lynch her (here's an article about it.). I cannot get over the amount of racism I'm experiencing all of a sudden.

Now I'm watching a documentary on Obama on MSNBC....I am praying that he is elected president. I feel so much hope that he will change things.

I don't know what to say. I'm exhausted; I'm spent. My mind literally hurts from the shit I had to deal with today from Jessie. The only good thing out of this is that I will never deal with her again. I could go into school tomorrow and she may act like nothing happened. But something DID happened. I saw in myself that I can stand up for what I believe in without yelling. I always say, "the louder you yell, the less they'll listen," and that is true. If I had yelled at Jessie she would have gotten defensive. I walked away. I was the bigger person. I walked away.

She ran to Dr. Hammond's office. He's the guy you go to if you have a learning disability or something so you get the accommodations you need. She's in his office (literally) at least once a week, often more. For petty things. In coding today, she came in late and said she was in Dr. Hammond's office.

I did NOTHING that I could get in trouble for. No matter how angry she is at me. I walked away. I did not say anything that could be taken as a "verbal attack" or "assault" because I SAID NOTHING. And I have 2 witnesses.

I wish I didn't have to go to school tomorrow. I don't know how much more drama shit I can take. (Note that this was not the only drama that took place today...the other things are very inconsequential but added to my stress level.)

Tomorrow is Thursday (my Friday)...one more day. One more day.

1 comment:

Tara said...

i hear ya on this one girl...
it's so sad...
and why does the political race have to make such a big deal out of the color of his skin??? because he's damn good that's why and they are scared..so sad!!!

Friday is just around the corner!!!